July 2015

July 2015

Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jillian!

Jillian is 10 years-old all ready! I remember when I was almost ten and how excited I was to be in "double digits". It doesn't seem that long ago, and now my 3rd child is there. She'll be in fifth grade in the fall, definitely on her way to becoming a young woman. She loves to help me, no matter what I'm doing, which I really apprecite.

My pregnancy with Jillian was the easiest of all four; I was on bed-rest for only four weeks with her, the others were 8+ weeks. We lived in Palatine, IL (a suburb of Chicago) at the time and I was the Primary president in our ward. I really believe that I was blessed with extra endurance during that time since I was far from family and so busy with church. Two days before she was born, we were at a friend's house watching 4th of July fireworks and I was so afraid I was going to go into labor. The c-section was planned for July 6 and I was under strict orders to not go into labor before then. I did have lots of contractions that night, but I was able to hold out until the scheduled delivery. She was born July 6, 1999 at 9:06 AM. She was a very sweet baby, and she's still a very sweet girl.

This is right before we left for the hospital. I don't really look 8 1/2 months pregnant, do I? But I sure felt it! I was so ready to be off bedrest.

Jillian Morgan Van Aken, 6 lbs. 5 oz., 19 inches

Jillian learned to walk right on her 1st birthday. Love the tongue!

Jillian at 2 years-old. She still has her cute cheeks and sweet smile.

2 comments:

  1. Dang, she is cute! I love that 2-year old picture. And now, she is just the sweetest, most adorable 10-year old I know. Happy Birthday Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 10! I remember the day she was born! It was so exciting to hold her!!
    Don't you remember how hot it was that summer?! You were on bedrest, Brad was at work, I was 14 (almost 15!) and we were out of bread for lunch, so I walked in the 100 degree heat to the store and back! Whew! That was crazy, I was like please can't i just drive?? haha...

    ReplyDelete