July 2015

July 2015

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How Blogging Has Made Me a Better Mother

This evening, after I had spent five hours cleaning other people's houses, over an hour making dinner, and returned from running Jillian to her art class that she reminded me of one minute before it started, my handsome, loving, helpful 15 year old son was carrying our delicious chicken-pot-pie dinner to the table and dropped it FACE DOWN on the floor (that was covered with dog hair because I didn't clean my house today). Instead of yelling, screaming, crying, or running to my room and locking myself in, I sighed and thought, "Oh well, now I have something to blog about." And when Kylie and Ben looked at our dinner all over the floor and decided there was enough of it that wasn't actually touching the floor so it should be OK to eat, I started laughing and ran for the camera.


And just so you know, we have an amazing dog. He didn't touch a bit of the food until Kylie and Ben were done and we told him it was OK.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I know just what you mean. :) But to be fair, you have always been a wonderful mother.
    Now we just get to see the photos to go along with the stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't blog I'm sure I would have done something alot different than you did plus our dog would NOT have just stood there waiting, she would have slurped it down in a flash! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you put the explanation BEFORE the pictures, because if I didn't know better I would have thought that Kylie barfed all over your floor and Ben was playing in it. :-P

    And, by the way, I think that you are an amazing mom. In fact, I've often caught myself thinking "What would Jenny do" during tough parenting moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ick Jen! I can't believe you let your kids eat off the floor! J/K! My kids are always finding something on the carpet to eat. I often say that I wish we did have a dog to clean up all of the crumbs. What a great dog Matzo is! Thanks for keeping your blog real, motherhood is full of ups and downs, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, wow that is funny. That is so like Kylie, 5 second rule! I love it. I think I would have cried! Good for you Jen, 15 years of experienced Momness has taught you lots of patience and not to freak out over little things...like dropping the dinner on the floor!

    ReplyDelete