Has anyone ever played the game "Balderdash"? We love it! Last night, Jillian, Kylie, Nate, Brad and I all played together and had so many good laughs. Basically the game goes like this:
1. One player reads a word from the card (these are words that no one has ever heard of, but are real words).
2. The other players write down what they think the word means, while the player who read the word writes down the real meaning.
3. The "definitions" are read out loud by the player who read the word from the card. The other players guess which is the real definition. You score points by guessing the real definition and by tricking other players into guessing your definition is correct.
Here are some of the words and "definitions" from our game. Can you guess the real definitions?
Uxorious
a. extremely smelly
b. a type of fruit drink
c. a bad recess
d. submissive to one's wife
e. a disease, I think
Snash
a. a type of ivy
b. to snatch then smash
c. to speak disrespectfully
d. to stash macaroni
e. I steal jewelry
Agroof
a. falling flat on one's face
b. unkind or insensitive
c. to grapple
d. to go poof and then scream
e. a camel's second eyelid
I loved playing this game as a kid. What fun! I can't wait until my boys are old enough to play board games. It sure would make FHE funner!
ReplyDeleteHere are my guesses:
ReplyDeleteUxorious - (d)submissive to one's wife (because I can't imagine anyone in your family inventing that)
Snash - (c) to speak disrespectfully (I'm going to start telling my kids "No snashing me!")
Agroof - (e) a camel's second eyelid (although I didn't know that they even have 2 eyelids. Do they?)
We LOVE this game too! Let's play some time.