July 2015

July 2015

Monday, September 1, 2008

Good Question!

Ben: (pointing to his wrist) Mom, is this your brace?

Me: No, that's your wrist.

Ben: Then why is it called a bracelet?

Me: Good question! It should be called a wristlet, huh?

Ben: Or a wristlace.

A little later....

Ben: Mom, what's a baby giraffe called?

Me: I'm not sure, maybe a giraffelet?

Ben: Hmmm...I think it's a affe.

Ben: What's a baby hippo?

Me: Let's look it up.

Turns out they're both called a calf. How boring! Our favorites are baby platapus = puggle, baby dove and pigeon = squab and baby alpaca and llama = cria.

2 comments:

  1. He is too clever. What a cute conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were up to kids to name things life would make a lot more sense! It must be so confusing for not only kids to learn our wacky English language but I feel sorry for foreigners as well.

    Ben is so funny! I love his ideas and names for things.

    ReplyDelete