July 2015

July 2015

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stop the ride! I want to get off!

Gas is $4.05 a gallon at the 76 on Bainbridge! (Diesel is $5.00 a gallon!!!) I had to run to Safeway to get dogfood, yes I just went to the store yesterday, and no, I didn't check first to see if we were running low, so yes, I had go a total of 12 miles to get ONE thing. Fortunately I just got gas at Costco on Monday and paid ONLY $3.67 per gallon. But next time I fill up, it will cost me at least 20 cents a mile to drive my van (and that's only the cost of gas, I'm not figuring in all the other complicated costs of driving). So my little jaunt would cost me $2.43 in gas! I'm halfway thinking about trading in the van for a six-seater bike!

2 comments:

  1. I can see it now...The Van Aken Clan on a 6-seater! That reminds me of a family on my mission in Guatemala that piled their family of 4 onto a bike. Dad rode the bike, with Mom in front, older son on the pegs behind and younger son on the handle bars. This is how they got to church each Sunday! And I thought it was difficult to ride alone in a dress. WOW!

    Here in Seattle we've been at $4.00or more for a while. It's crazy! Have you noticed that people are driving slower on the freeways now since you get better gas mileage when you are between 55-60 mph. I sure hope it's going to change sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if we could get six people on one bike? How funny!

    Unfortunately I don't think it's going to get better anytime soon. Usually prices go up in the summer, so if that's the case this year it will keep going up. It drives me insane when prices jump 10 cents or more in one day like they did yesterday.

    ReplyDelete