The Saturday after Christmas, my Uncle Dallas an Aunt Sharon celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Brad and I had gone to the temple the night before and decided to stay overnight in Bellevue since we had to be over there again in the morning. The kids came over in the morning with my mom. We all met up at the Ward building next to Newport High, where we used to have big family Christmas dinners when my mom's parents were alive. All four of my cousins and their kids were able to come for the anniversary party and it was so much fun to see them again! We decided it's been at least six years since we've all been together.
David, Debbie, Uncle Dallas, Aunt Sharon, Donna, and Daniel.
Debbie is sharing some thoughts about her parents and their wonderful 50 years together. I have many fond memories of working for my aunt and uncle's catering business when I was in high school. My uncle has a great sense of humor and always made washing dishes a lot of fun. They taught me a lot about hard work, attention to detail, and enjoying your job.
Me and Donna...she's four years older than I am, but we always had a great time together as kids. We reminisced about playing Barbies, her huge Smurf collection, braiding each other's hair at sleep-overs.


No comments:
Post a Comment