I hope all you wonderful women out there are having a wonderful mother's day, whether you are a mom or not! We all have moms, and even if our relationships with them aren't the best, we can find something to be grateful to them for. I feel so blessed to have a great mom, and to live so close to her. Except this year she's in South Carolina visiting Tyler, Rachael and Hudson. Brad's mom is also out of town, in Hawaii meeting little Jane. So our traditional mother's day dinner will be a little quieter this year.
The kids woke me up this morning with a delicious breakfast in bed. They made bacon and eggs and crepes filled with a yummy strawberry sauce. And they gave me wonderful presents: Jillian gave me a bag she sewed all by herself and a marbled paper box she made, Ben gave me several pairs of earrings, and Nate and Kylie gave me a beautiful glass hummingbird feeder.
Our church meeting was very nice as well. Somehow, the two speakers on the program weren't ever asked if they would speak, so the meeting was opened up for people to talk about their moms. I loved the fact that some of the first people to get up were three teen-age boys. All three brought tears to my eyes as they talked about how much they each love their mom and appreciate all the sacrifices she makes for them. One was especially touching, a young man who has come from a difficult background, whose family was literally homeless when they moved here and has gotten into some trouble in school, talked about how strong his mom was and how she worked so hard to keep their family together.
I also loved hearing from Katie about the importance of the little things we do. I need to make sure I take advantage of the everyday opportunities to spend time with my kids before they're all grown up. So when Jillian complained of not feeling well and didn't want to go to her Primary class, instead of sending her to sit with Brad, I let her come and help in my Sunbeam class. It's a good thing I did, too! The kids were very excitable today, to say the least. Hopefully they got all their extra energy out so they could let their moms relax this afternoon...
Well, apparently Adana didn't get enough energy out, because she was still bouncing off the walls at home. :-)
ReplyDeleteI also loved the way that the sacrament meeting went today. I thought it was perfect.
Happy Mother's Day!
I'm sure having Hyrum in your class added to the excitement level. That's for bearing with him! Good idea to have Jillian help you out! When we had her sitting next to us during Sacrament I thought, "I don't need to have another baby. What I need is a 9 year old!" Hyrum just totally adores her and she can get him to cooperate so well. Hmmmm, maybe you should think about renting her out. How much would you charge if I took her for the weekend? :)
ReplyDelete