July 2015

July 2015

Monday, October 27, 2008

Now I Remember Why I Had Four Kids...

To help get the work done around here! We were busy little grasshoppers Saturday morning, getting ready for winter by splitting wood. Everyone worked together and we were able to split 2 1/2 chords of wood in two hours! It's a great feeling when all the kids pitch in, don't complain, and have fun together. They were very impressed that we were able to get so much done.


The pile of rounds on the right was about twice this big when we started and the wood shed was empty.

Nate, Jillian and I stacked the wood.

Jillian also helped run the splitter.

Almost done!

Ben and Brad running the splitter.

Kylie giving Ben some guidance.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I guess that's a good reason to have 4 kids. I'm still waiting for the day when my boys can actually help out around the house instead of just make messes all of the time. It must be nice to have such hard working kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family work days. Maybe when soccer season is (finally!) over . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...so maybe we needed one more...haha. We have been gone for the past 3 Saturdays....and if you look at our home u can tell...hopefully we can get back to it this week...they might still b on a sugar rush.
    I cant believe how big your kids are getting...they just seem to grow overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..that is a lot of work!! Mark is always saying, the only reason to have kids is so they can do our work for us. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know we still love BI the BESTEST jenny. :) I can't remember going to a halloween party there, which is why I felt safe to say that our gville one was so fantastic. now, if they'd asked for a memorial day (or is it labor day?) picnic, the one at Battlepoint Park (oo, and even that isn't sounding like the right name..i'm losing my mind) will forever top our list. :)

    I love keeping in touch this way!

    ReplyDelete