July 2015

July 2015

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Water Fun in Seattle

When the weather heats up, like it's finally doing here, there's nothing like playing in the water! We headed over to Seattle and spent the day with my sister, Corey, and her family at Green Lake and the Seattle Center.

First we went to Green Lake, my childhood neighborhood, and rented paddle boats. I had forgotten what a workout it is to paddle those things! Kylie, Ben and Hyrum all jumped off the boats and swam in the lake. I remember doing the same thing as a kid! Green Lake itself looks pretty much the same, but there sure is a lot of construction going on around the lake.





After boating, we drove by the house I grew up in. The neighborhood has changed a bit; some of the older houses have been torn down and bigger ones have been built. It's amazing how close together everything is.


We headed down to the ferry, but the back up was so long that I decided to stay in the city and we went back to Corey's apartment. We walked up to the Seattle Center, they live about six blocks away, to play in the big fountain. Hyrum adores Jillian and wanted to hold her hand everywhere we went!


The kids played at the international fountain for a while, then we went over to another fountain for a while...there's nothing like playing in public art! I wish we had something like it on Bainbridge.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you guys spent the day with us, we had such a fun time! We'll have to plan another adventure soon! Thanks for the photos, I'll be sure to post something as well. But maybe tomorrow since it's getting late.

    ReplyDelete